Christmas is Coming…
“…and the goose is getting fat, please put a penny in the old man’s hat”! But that’s not what I want to talk to you about today, well not fat geese and old men’s hats anyway.
Christmas is indeed coming, and if, like me, you’ve started to ponder what on earth you’re going to buy your friends and relations this year, I would like to suggest a few small Christian businesses who may sell just the thing you didn’t know you needed in your life!
I don’t know how familiar you are with Etsy, (it’s a website that allows small businesses to sell their wares), well, there is a Christian version called Cheerfully Given (www.cheerfullygiven.com)! I discovered it recently and it’s brilliant. Most of the list below can be found on that website. I know it’s only October, but as a lot of the businesses below sell handmade items, ordering earlier may help ensure your gifts reach you by Christmas.
So, if you need some inspiration, here goes:
- Frog and Gnome (www.frogandgnome.com) – Christian cards, prints, ceramics and gifts.
- Jordan Lily Designs (www.jordanlilydesigns.co.uk) – handmade silver jewellery. I have some of her items; they are gorgeous.
- By The Brook Creations (www.bythebrookcreations.com) – illustrated paper goods and gifts
- Orchard Art Glass (www.orchardartglass.co.uk) – beautiful fused glass gifts
- Little Dove & Co (www.littledoveandco.com) – handmade, sewn gifts
- Hope Designed (www.hopedesigned.co.uk) – sustainable cars, prints and gifts
- Hope & Ginger (www.hopeandginger.com) – hand lettered prints, cards and gifts
- Gods Fingerprints (www.godsfingerprints.co) – Christian inspired artwork (this is a USA-based company, so delivery will probably take a bit longer)
- Greater Love (www.greaterlove.shop) – sustainable clothing (and yes, this is a shameless plug of my own small business!)
This is just a snippet of some of the wonderful, small, Christian businesses that are out there. Obviously, shopping local is always going to be more beneficial for the environment, but we are getting a bit limited here on the Island. So, if you can, why not help out a smaller business this year. I can guarantee you (as a small business owner myself) they will be so much more grateful for your purchases than any of the bigger stores around. They will probably do a little dance when they receive your order!
I hope you find something you want/need/love/simply can’t live without!