“Continue in Prayer”
The Bible, Colossians 4 v 2
Pete Greig, in his book How to Pray, says:
“The best bit of advice I ever received about how to pray was this: keep it simple, keep it real, keep it up. You’ve got to keep it simple so that the most natural thing in the world doesn’t become complicated, weird and intense. You’ve got to keep it real because when life hurts like hell you’re going to be tempted to pretend you’re fine. And then at other times, when you make a mess of things, you’re going to be tempted to hide from God (which never really works) and end up hiding from yourself (which works quite well). And you’ve got to keep it up because life is tough, the battle is fierce, and God is not an algorithm. The journey of faith demands a certain bloody-mindedness of us all, not least in the realm of prayer.”
There are lots ways to get involved with prayer at Broadway:
- Pray with us in our Sunday morning worship.
- Receive prayer for personal needs in our prayer corner at the front of the church after Sunday morning worship.
- Join a Life Group.
- Join with our regular prayer times in the Well Lounge:
- Sundays 10am – 10.20am (Focus: Sunday worship)
- Sundays 7pm – 8pm (Focus: prayer for salvation)
- Mondays on zoom 7pm – 7.30pm (Focus: world mission and church life)
- Tuesdays 8am – 8.30am (Focus: Assisted Dying Bill)
- Thursdays 7.00-7.30pm (Focus: Church life),
- Saturdays 8.30am – 9.30am (Focus: Healing and blessing)
- Join our Whatsapp prayer group to pray for personal needs.
- Sign up for one of our Prayer Triplets – three people who meet together regularly to pray and support each other.
- Talk with God throughout your day. Learn to turn your worries and your daily concerns into invitations for God to get involved. Spend time praising and thanking him, asking him to lead you closer to Jesus and praying for the needs of our wider world. Invite him to speak to you – through the Bible, through our beautiful world, through others, through the Church – so that prayer becomes a two-way conversation and a great adventure!
“If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.” The Bible, 2 Chronicles 7:14